Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Marley does not like salt water.

Sort of random, but we are heading to the String Summit Music Festival today. We arrived on the coast of the Pacific Ocean yesterday (pictures to come) in Monterey, CA. Thats right, the van made it to California. We are visiting Adam's good friend Casey and his girlfriend Kat (Cat?) and they are heading to this music fest in Oregon for the weekend so I guess we're saying why not and leaving the van here. It might bring us home sooner due to the funds being used for it, but it is all in good fun and Yonder Mountain String Band plays three nights in a row.
I'll admit I enjoy being back down near sea level. I can't wait to bike when we get back and actually be able to breathe. I'm in a rambling mode because it is before 8am here. I'm really sad though because there is no one to take care of Marley for us and we are not able to bring him to the festival so we have to bring him to a pet motel. We won't be picking him up until Monday so thats over 5 days!! I don't think he's ever been away from Adam that long, or from me as long as I've been in his life. He's my furry best friend and we're leaving him for almost a week! We left him for a little over two days in Colorado and I'm pretty sure I had tears in my eyes more than once during that time. I'm not even sure how these boarding houses work. He's totally spoiled so he won't eat unless he gets his 'special' food mixture and he's a big boy so he needs his comfy bed to lay on and I think he prefers human contact over animal contact. I guess we'll find out this morning when we bring him there. Poor Marley.
He just got back from a long walk. Apparently he met seals for the first time and had no clue what to do.
Alright, I'm done rambling. I will report on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment